Are you currently wearing poorly fitted or loose removable dentures ? If so, you may not be aware that getting permanent dentures can improve the comfort and appearance of your artificial teeth. If you are missing one or multiple teeth, there are many treatment options that are designed to restore function and beauty to your smile and can last a lifetime with proper care.
Dentures can offer the most cost-effective method of replacing your absent teeth. If your current denture isn’t fitted properly it may start to loosen and shift over time. This could cause discomfort, hindering speech, and make it difficult to eat certain foods. Removable dentures may also eventually lead to jaw bone recession from prolonged usage. Another issue with temporary dentures could be the sticky mess denture adhesives make holding your artificial teeth in position.
Advantages of Permanent Dentures
Fixed dentures provide our patients with more options and benefits than removable dentures and other dental alternatives. Below are some of the benefits available from receiving a fixed denture implant for replacing your absent teeth.
- Fixed dentures patients are able to eat whatever they want without difficulty. You no longer have to worry about biting into something too hard that will either damage or cause the denture to come loose.
- Implant dentures preserve the appearance of your face and maintain the aesthetic of your natural bone structure. They also help prevent bone loss due to the lack of teeth.
- Fixed dentures will improve your smile by covering gaps in the mouth due to missing teeth.
- Fixed dentures will improve your speech capabilities by filling these missing gaps.
- They prevent the shifting of teeth on the jawline and potential misalignments from occurring.
- The life span of fixed dentures is designed for long-term effectiveness if maintained correctly.
- Fixed dentures are easy to get used to because of their similarity to real teeth.
Fitting for an Implant-Supported Dentures
The procedure to fit implant dentures involves dental surgery and could take up to six months to complete. To fit implant-supported dentures, our oral surgeon or periodontist will perform a surgical procedure to insert implants into the jawbone of the patient. These implants are small, titanium cylinders. Over the coming months, the jaw bone will grow around the dental implants and they become firmly bonded. In the meantime, the patient will wear immediate dentures.
Permanent dentures are a safe procedure, but they do require oral surgery. Post-surgery, they can also cause inflammation or infection. With good communication with our staff and regular dental appointments, you won’t experience any infection, inflammation, or any kind of ill dental health. While permanent dentures are more costly, in the long-run the benefits will far outweigh the costs when compared to removable dentures.
Are you considering permanent dentures at the moment? It will be a good idea to discuss the procedure in detail with our qualified and skilled cosmetic dentist, that way you will be making an informed decision.
Schedule a Implant Denture Consultation!
Schedule a dental implant consultation today by calling (915) 778-4681, or visiting our Contact Us page! Our staff is knowledgable and ready to answer any questions you have about dentures, insurance, or financing available to our patients.